Extending and Renewing Theme Support
How to renew or extend support?
You are eligible to renew or extend your support subscription if you have less than 6 months support remaining. The cost of purchasing support can vary according to the different periods of your subscription. For example, extending your support subscription while it’s still active costs less than renewing it when it has expired. To learn more about this, please read Envato’s ‘Extending and Renewing Item Support’ article.
Envato usually sends an email when your support subscription is about to expire in the next couple of weeks but if you haven't received that email you can do this manually:
- Login to your ThemeForest account and go to the Downloads tab.
- Locate the theme purchase. On there, you’ll see how many months of support you have remaining, and beside it there’s an ‘Extend Now’ link. Click here to view an example.
- Click the ‘Extend Now’ link, and it will redirect you to the theme’s item page.
- On the right-hand side, click the ‘Extend Now and Save’ button.
- Once you click the ‘Extend Now and Save’ button, you’ll be redirected to the checkout page. Confirm your payment details and follow the on-screen prompts to finish purchasing the extension
What will happen if I do not renew the theme support?
There is 1 limitation for customers with expired support, they won’t be able:
- Create new support tickets.
When can I renew theme support?
There are 3 scenarios for when you can extend or renew item support: At the time of purchase, during your support period, and after your item support has expired.
At the time of purchasing the item. This will cost 30% of the list price, or 37.5% on the item price.
- Support Upgrade – At the time of purchasing the item. This will cost 37.5% on the item price.
- Support Extension – Extend item support before it expires. This will cost 62.5% on the item price.
- Support Renewal – Renew item support once it has expired. This will cost 87.5% on the item price.
What if I have several theme licenses?
The main thing you should know is that support is related to a theme itself (not to a single license). It means that:
- You don’t have to purchase separate support for every license of one theme.
- If you have several licenses of one theme (e.g. 10 licenses) your support expiration date is based on the latest purchased license.
- Support for one theme doesn’t affect on other themes.
If you have any questions, please let us know.