Reveal and report errors with debugging tools
Here are quick tips on how to reveal errors and report them.
Turn off the preloader
- Setting under WP Dash / Appearance / Customize / Theme Options / Misc.
- This will unmask any errors that might be hiding beneath the preloader.
- WordPress comes with its own error reporting and debugging tool. It's easy to turn on.
- Here's how - https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/
- Open wp-config.php for editing.
- Look for the following line:
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
- If you see it, great. if not, add it or change the 'false' part to 'true' so it looks like the line above.
- Then choose how you would like to see errors:
- Log to a file?
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
- Print on Screen?
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
Check your JS console.
- You can quickly check your JS console in Chrome (or any browser) to see if you have some js errors. If so, report them to us.
- Would you like to send us a screenshot?
- Reference "How to take the perfect screenshot" at the bottom of this article.
Did this resolve your issue?
- Yes - Awesome!
- No - Okay, let's try "Detect theme conflicts" at the bottom of this article.