How to install the theme
Have you installed WordPress already?
- Yes - Awesome! Continue.
- No - Okay, reference "How to install WordPress" at the bottom of this article.
Download Theme ZIP
To install the theme you must upload the theme file package and then activate it inside the WordPress Admin area. Sign in and download from ThemeForest. Choose 'Installable WordPress File Only'.
Themes can be uploaded in two ways:
- WordPress Upload
- Once you are logged into your WordPress site navigate to Appearance > Themes > and click on the Install Themes tab.
- Next click on Upload and then Browse..., and select the zipped theme file. (Make sure this is the 'installable WordPress Only' zip from ThemeForest or else it will error)
- Click "Install Now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
- Manual FTP:
- Using an FTP program, upload only the unzipped theme folder (not the .zip file or all of the folders) into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your website server.
Activate the theme
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and click activate below your newly uploaded theme.
Reference " How to setup the theme" at the bottom of this article.
This is an example install of the Bellevue Hotel Theme but the setup is virtually the same for all of our themes.